A deliciously creamy ice cream cake, with swirls of passionfruit curd and crumbled biscuits
FOR THE PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM CAKE
- 250g Tennis biscuits/ graham crackers
- 60g butter, melted
- 250g full fat cream cheese
- 1 tin (398g) condensed milk
- 350ml whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 batch passionfruit curd
- Crush 160g of the biscuits, in a food processor. Add in the melted butter and mix to combine. Tip into the baking tin and press down to form a base. If you like, you can place half tennis biscuits up the sides of the tin to look extra fancy.
- Use an electric beater to whip the whipping cream to soft peaks. You do not want to whip to stiff peaks as this produces a harder, more firm set ice cream.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, with an electric beater.
- Then added the condensed milk and continue to beat.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese and condensed milk.
- Pour a third of the ice cream in, crush some biscuits and drizzle on some passionfruit curd. Repeat with the ice cream, followed by biscuits and curd and a final layer of ice cream.
- Place in the fridge to set overnight. Slicing with a warm knife when ready to serve.
- There should be some ice cream left over, which you can add some biscuits and curd to and freeze. Then scoop the additional ice cream and add to the top of the cake before serving, to look extra pretty.
- You can also decorate with edible flowers, passion fruit curd drizzled and some meringues, as I have.
Recipe by adventureswithsugar.com