A delicious moist, almond loaf studded with glacé cherries
FOR THE GLUTEN-FREE CHERRY AND ALMOND LOAF
- 200g glace cherries
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 180g salted butter, room temperature
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon almond essence
- 180g ground almonds
- 80g desiccated coconut
- cherries and 20g flaked almonds, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celcius. Grease and line a 900g loaf tin.
- Roughly chop the cherries and toss with the cornflour. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, around 8 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure the one egg is fully incorporated before we add the next one.
- Add in the vanilla and almond essence and continue to mix.
- Lastly, add in the ground almonds and desiccated coconut, fold until combined.
- Place into the loaf tin and scatter cherries and flaked almonds on the top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the cake is getting too brown on the top, cover with foil for the remaining bake time.
Recipe by adventureswithsugar.com