These pancakes are light and fluffy, with a boost of lemon and poppy seeds for an extra flavour boost and texture
Everyone needs a go to pancake recipe and this is mine. I often tailor it to suit my preferences and I absolutely love lemons, so decided to make a lemon and poppy seed version.
Nothing beats a warm stack of pancakes, piled high with golden syrup and butter. Here however, I swapped the conventional for lemon curd and blueberries.
If you prefer a more conventional flavour, I suggest omitting the lemon zest and poppyseeds. Though it is always nice to switch things up a bit.
LEMON AND POPPYSEED PANCAKES
- 280g cake flour
- 60g white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 60g butter, melted
- 45m lemon juice
- 430ml full-fat milk
- Mix the milk and lemon juice together and set aside for five minutes.
- Add the melted butter and egg to the milk mixture.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a bowl and slowly add the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
- Let the batter stand for 45 minutes.
- Set a pan on medium heat and grease the pan with butter, pour a quarter cup of batter into the centre of the pan. Wait until you see little bubbles on the side facing up, then flip and cook for a minute or so more.
- Finish off as desired, usually with blueberries and lemon curd.
- Lemon Curd
- Whipped Cream
Recipe by adventureswithsugar.com