An inspiration from the Cadbury fruit and nut chocolate slab.
RUM AND RAISIN TRUFFLES
- 60g raisins
- 30ml rum
- 220g 70% dark chocolate, plus 70g for dipping
- 80g milk chocolate
- 50ml whipping cream
- 30g butter
- 50g pecans
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place the rum and raisins in a jar and let it soak overnight. Give it a good shake now and then.
- For the truffles, finely chop the chocolate, by blitzing it in a food processor.
- Heat the cream and butter, on the stove, until just below boiling point. Do not let it boil.
- Take the cream and butter off the heat and pour it all over the chocolate. Let sit for a minute, then stir to combine.
- Add in the raisins and pecans and let it set.
- When the truffle is set, scoop up a bit of the truffle and form a ball.
- Dip it into the remaining melted dark chocolate, then toss it in the cocoa powder.
- Let set for about 30 minutes, before dusting off the excess cocoa and serving.
Recipe by adventureswithsugar.com