Inspired and based off an Anzac cookie, these delicious cookies come together in a flash
A quick recipe that comes together in a flash, which is great as it is close to midnight as I type this blog post out!
If you make this recipe, please share it with me by tagging me on Instagram @adventureswithsugar or on Facebook at Adventures with Sugar. Please also leave a comment below to let me know how you got on with the recipe.
- 100g rolled oats
- 50g cornflakes
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 50g flaked almonds
- 180g cake flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 40g brown sugar
- 100g dried cranberries
- 190g salted butter
- 60g golden syrup
- 30ml water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preaheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the oats, cornflakes, coconut, almonds, cranberries, sugars and cake flour into a single bowl and set aside.
- Combine the butter, water and golden syrup in a pot and heat until the butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. The mixture should froth. Stir this for a minute, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Roll in golf sized balls, place on a tray and flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until the cookies have set and turned golden brown. Let them sit on the tray for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe by adventureswithsugar